Call now

Call now

How to import Address book and messages to Incredimail?



Question 
I recently restored my computer to factory settings. Before doing so I exported my data and settings via the wizard. Then I reinstalled incredimail and I tried importing my data and settings but nothing is showing in incredimail. I browsed the messages folder, it simply created a new identity within the previous one.I tried copying the folders directly in current identity folder. I uninstalled it several times including using the uninstall tool then importing the messages. However I have copied and pasted the files. Though I can see the message files msg.iml (.inc) in the 'Message Store' folder but I cannot open/view them using incredimail. I have been able to view some of them using MsgViewer aIso. What is the method to restore them into incredimail?
Answer:
Simple copy and paste will not work for importing messages.To import your data, please copy the IM folder first,then copy the Identities folder inside it to your desktop and then follow the steps given below.
To Import your Address Book:

1. Open IncrediMail, click the 'File' menu, scroll to 'Import and Export' and select 'Import Contacts’.
a.png

2. In the 'Import Contacts' dialog box, select 'IncrediMail Address Book' and click 'Next'.
b.png



3. Click 'Select Folder' and browse to the 'Identities' folder located on your Desktop to import your old contacts.
c.pngIn this way you can import your contacts in Incredimail.

And now for importing your Messages :

1. Open IncrediMail, click the 'File' menu, scroll to 'Import and Export' and select 'Import Messages'
d.png

2. In the 'Import Messages' dialog, select 'IncrediMail' and click 'Next'.
e.png

3. Click 'Select Folder' and browse to the 'Identities' folder located on your Desktop to finish the Import.
f.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

configure a Gmail Email Account that does not send/receive

Gmail users may configure their Gmail Account in IncrediMail very easily using the 'Email Setup Wizard' : Click the 'Tools&...

About