Call now

Call now

Bigpond and POP3/SMTP settings in Incredimail?


 Question :
I have disconnected my Bigpond account rather than disconnecting Foxtel.Though wi-fi broadband and email address were eventually reconnected. I can use my old email address and password to access Telstra account and through that Webmail, which appears to be on the Outlook.com platform. My emails appear in the POP folder there. Since the connection interrupted it is showing the error message "ERR - Authentication failed" appears. From memory, when I first looked at the Properties of Incredimail Account it showed the POP settings as "pop3.live.com and the SMTP settings as "mail.bigpond.com". These settings don't work now. I have attempted to reset the Properties with the various settings found on the Internet to no avail, receiving similar messages to that above. In looking at Outlook.com settings, it appears that they may have to be in the IMAP format. If I attempt to add a New Account, when Incredimail searches BigPond for the IMAP settings I get the error, "email address and/or password incorrect". How can I sort out this issue?
Solution : To sort out the Bigpond and POP3/SMTP settings issue in Incredimail please follow the steps given below and check the settings as mentioned below:
Click on Tools > Email Accounts, select the appropriate account, click on "Properties", and make sure the following are your server/port settings:

  1. General tab:
Account Name: Bigpond
Display Name: Your full name
Email Address: Your email address

B) Servers tab:
Incoming mail server: mail.bigpond.com
Outgoing mail server: mail.bigpond.com
Username: Your email address
Password: Your Password
"Log on using Secure Password Authentication" should not be checked.
"My server requires authentication" should be checked.
Under "More Settings...", the option "Use same settings as my incoming mail server" should be selected.

C) Advanced tab:
Outgoing mail (SMTP): 465
"This server requires a secure connection (SSL)" should be checked.
Incoming mail (POP3): 995
"This server requires a secure connection (SSL)" should be checked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

configure a Gmail Email Account that does not send/receive

Gmail users may configure their Gmail Account in IncrediMail very easily using the 'Email Setup Wizard' : Click the 'Tools&...

About